Hello! My name is Ed O’Halloran and I am in charge of the Projects Committee for the shop.
In early January, the NCCW formed the Projects Committee to identify and organize project that would make the shop a safer and more functional place to work. Some of the projects identified are:
- Drill Press Table with Storage for Bits (Drill & Forstner), Clamps, and Chuck Key. (In Progress)
- Router Bit Storage Cabinet with room to store the wrench.
- Storage Cabinet for the Jointer.
- “Store Front” – a project to seal off the area above and around the front desk to save on the heat bill.
- Coat Rack
- Down Draft Tables for the Sanding Stations
- Cross Cut sled for the table saw
These are just a few of many, many more.
The way I envision this working is that anyone can step up and take on a project from the list or suggest their own. They would coordination the project and get it built. I am here to offer as much or I a little help as one may need. Ideally, the individual taking on the project would publish times that they would be working, and others could sign up for that project and join in. Just keep me informed as to what you are working on and your progress. This would be a great opportunity for a beginner to get some valuable experience!
There will be more information to come, but until then, if you have any questions or comments please let me know.
I can be reached at: email@example.com